Camp Policy - Terms
Please make sure your ward/child understands the expectations from him/her and it’s advisable to let them read this document in its entirety.
Parents need to print, sign and handover the following documents before or on the day of the summer camp.
Camp Registration Form:
Camp Disclaimer Form:
These forms will be available after making the payment.
The Camp will be very busy with activities and parents are discouraged from visiting the camp as it interferes with the schedule. If you need to visit camp in an emergency please do during the evenings between 6:00 pm – 7:00 pm, please make arrangements in advance with the Camp staff.
Participant Phone Use
The camp experience is a way for children to develop a greater sense of independence. Therefore, no phone is available for participants to routinely make or receive calls. However, should your child need to call home in emergency, Camp Staff will arrange a call home.
Contacting Your Ward In An Emergency
We discourage parents from talking to their child during the entire duration of the camp as it interferes with their becoming independent and self-confident. However, should you need to contact your child in emergency circumstances, please get in touch with the Outlife Team.
Staff are trained to handle day-to-day situations that may arise during your child’s stay at camp in a safe and caring manner. Instances when you might expect to hear from camp staff for consultations or to arrange to pick up your child may include:
• Behavioral issues including bullying or verbal or physical aggression.
• Severe homesickness
• Illness with a fever over 100*F
• If your child receives medical care apart from regular first aid
What not to bring to camp
• Cell phones, tablets, game players, Toys, DVD players, mp3 players, radios, e- readers, or video recorders or other electronic devices are not allowed in the camp. Any devices found will be confiscated and returned at end of the camp.
• Jewellery, expensive watches, Cash are not to be brought to the camp.
• Make-up or expensive clothing
• No perfumes or aerosol / pressured deodorants
• Personal sports equipment
• Knifes, Weapon, Sharp Objects, Matches, Cigarettes or alcohol are not allowed in the camp.
• Any prohibited items found with anyone will invite disciplinary action and removal from camp.
• No food, snacks or candy to be carried. Healthy veg meals and snacks will be provided to the kids at all times. Food at Camp is vegetarian only.
Outlife is committed to preserving the spirit of the summer camp. In our opinion, a cell phone, personal media players and other electronic devices inhibits one’s link with camp experiences and diminishes the capacity to grow within a team and the natural environment. For these reasons we prohibit participants from bringing cell phones and other electronics to camp. We have also found that kids who bring cell phones have a harder time adjusting to camp life and can have more difficulty with homesickness.
A large part of camp is learning to be independent and you can help your child succeed by making sure the camp rules are followed.
Participants cannot leave the camp site on their own anytime during the entire duration of the camp without informing the instructors.
No arguing, name-calling, or swearing, biting or hair pulling. Fights and quarrels and bullying are not allowed on the camp. Any fighting may warrant a disciplinary action.
Camp Discipline Policy
➢ If a child is unable to comply with the behaviour expectations, a timeout will be given. The number of minutes of time-out will not exceed the child’s age in years. Timeouts are always supervised by an adult.
➢ If the unexpected behaviour is repeated the second time the child will not participate in the entire activity.
➢ If the unexpected behaviour is repeated the third time a counselling will be held by the Camp Coordinator with the child and the Camp Coordinator will speak directly with the parent(s)/guardian.
➢ If the child’s behaviour continues to be disruptive and/or unsafe, the child will be subject to dismissal from the remainder of camp without any refund and the parent and guardian will be asked to take away their child from the camp.